Sweater: Zaful / Jeans: vintage (similar) / Boots: Clarks / Bag: Old Navy / Belt: thrifted Jewelry: Rocksbox (use my code "insearchofsheilaxoxo" to try a month for free!)
One combination I tend to always avoid is navy and black. A so-called fashion "faux-pas," I think most people have ditched fashion rules and now embrace wearing whatever they want. Navy for me, however, was always a color I avoided. I always gravitated towards black because it was safe--I honestly didn't know how to style navy. I always thought to myself, I can just wear it in black! So here I am, challenging myself again and sharing 5 tips on how to rock navy and black together.
1. COLOR BLOCK. Is still even still a thing? Wear one navy piece and one black piece and you've effortlessly achieved color blocking while also wearing the notorious navy and black combo.
2. TEXTURE. Combining different textures will add more of a contrast between the two shades. Here I wore a knitted sweater with black denim and some faux-leather booties. Even adding a black leather jacket over this outfit would take it to the next level.
3. ACCESSORIZE. Adding a belt will break up the colors. A neutral bag will pop.
4. JEWELRY. Silver or gold jewelry will also pop from the dark colors and will instantly make you look put together. The jewelry I'm wearing here is from Rocksbox, a subscription service that lets you try an unlimited amount of pieces each month. Use my code "insearchofsheilaxoxo" to try your first month free! Read my post here to learn more.
5. HAIR. If you have dark hair like me your hair might tend to get lost in your dark clothing. I put mine up for this look to make the sweater stand out more and it also created an added visual to the overall look.
What do you think of wearing black and navy together? Total fashion faux-pas or totally chic?