Okay, I get it. The gym isn't your thing. It honestly isn't my thing either (I prefer to work out at home). ANYWAY, the whole "I'm dressed like I'm going to go work out, but in reality I'm just wearing this to the store" look is everyone's #fashiongoals it seems. So here are my tips on how to pull off the athleisure trend.
It's no secret that I love leggings...to work out in, lounge around in, or even wear our or to work in. They are so versatile! I definitely recommend investing in a high quality pair that will last.
But can we say hello to my new Nike Roshe Ones? I got them at a Nike Outlet for $60 and I have no regrets. I think they deserve their own post so *stay tuned* for that.
1. Mix it up. If full-on athletic wear is just not your thing, try incorporating one or two "sporty" pieces like leggings and a hoodie, or sneakers paired with jeans, or just throwing a baseball hat on with a dress. All of these combinations allows you to put your own spin on the trend.
2. Accessorize. Add a cute handbag or stylish backpack to make the look more chic.
3. Add Jewelry. I personally love simple jewelry such as my silver hoops and rings, or a dainty necklace. Jewelry adds a bit more "class" which instantly makes your outfit more fashionable.
4. Do or don't do your hair! Hair can totally change the vibe of any outfit. You can give yourself some curls or a cute top-knot bun, or just throw it in a pony-tail like I did here (I went for the extreme athletic look, lol.)
5. Just rock it. The key to pulling off any look is wearing it with confidence. Others will take notice!
What do you think of the athleisure trend? How would you style an "athleisure" outfit?
Shop the look!